Catching Up

10:39:00

Hey guys! I know I've been gone for a while, but I'm back now and I want to give a recap on my hair up until today. Let's begin!

Curly Braids


-I was getting bored with my braids, so I decided to jazz them up a bit by curling them.
-I rolled them up in flexi rods and dipped them in hot water for about 20 seconds.-After taking them out, I waited for my hair to cool before removing the rods and fluffing them out.


The Takedown


I took down my braids after 6 weeks of wearing them. To avoid tangles, I finger  detangled as I loosened which took a longer time, but it was totally worth it by the time I was done.

An Overnight Pre-Poo that made all the difference...

By the time I was done, it was too late to wash my hair. I originally intended for the conditioner to sit for 10 or 15 minutes, but I was too tired to do anything so I put a plastic bag over my head and went to sleep. The next morning I took it down and my hair felt fabulous! But the excitement was short lived because I didn't shampoo in sections! I mean, I had sections, but I ignored them while shampooing. But I wasn't discouraged, I did a protein treatment with Organics Hair Mayonnaise (medium strength), followed up with Vo5 Moisturising conditioner (more on this later) and after rinsing out the conditioner I allowed my hair to dry for a while, then I applied my leave-ins: MG leave in strengthener and Fantasia IC Serum. Using a wide tooth comb, I detangled my hair in sections.

Rods, rods and more rods


After detangling, I decided to set my hair in flexi rods. I used a total of 21 rods for this set and I did my usual updo pushing up the curls with a headband. The curls weren't completely dry so they started to drop after a while.


That's it! That's what I've been up to.

What have you done to your hair lately?

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Lovely I love ur curly do on ur braids but I always fear that my ends will get burnt when you have to dip the braids into hot water to get the curls...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becca! Oh wow, I didn't know about that. Lucky me!

      Delete
  2. I love your curly up-do! Would love to do something like that next week.

    The curly braids look lovely, although I was hoping your ends didn't get dipped in hot water. I had suffered a terrible setback because of that. The stylist decided to dip the entire length of braids in hot water despite me telling her to be mindful not to dip the part where my hair was. The take-down was horrible with broken hair everywhere. I've had such a phobia for Kanekelon braids ever since.

    Pamzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam! Wow, this is the first time I'm hearing of this. I didn't suffer any breakage, despite the fact that I made a clumpy mess of my hair when I shampooed. I will be careful next time I do braids. Thanks for the info!

      Delete
    2. I'm glad I could help! Wouldn't want you to experience what I did. Do take care!

      Pamzy

      Delete
  3. Do you wash and deep condition your hair whiles in braids?

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Like us on Facebook