Product Review: Dark And Lovely Braids 'n Weaves Collection

10:19:00


I've been using these products on my scalp and braids for a month now, and I decided it was time to review it. To be honest, I was a little skeptical about using these products because I don't really like to experiment with new products (I'm not a product junkie, sorry guys), and I just pictured all my hair falling off, but I ended up getting them anyway because I really wanted these braids to last.

Like the name suggests, the collection is designed to keep your braids as  fresh as it was on the first day. All products come with an applicator tip so it's easy to apply it directly into your scalp. It took a while for me to get used to the scent  because I'm used to the fruity/vanilla scent from my Mega Growth products. They contain Jojoba and Peppermint oil and are very affordable, another reason why I went for them.
               

Scalp Wash 100ml - N695

This product is gentle cleanser that removes build up without stripping the hair, or leaving the scalp dry. In fact, it's quite the opposite. I use this product once a week and I've noticed that my scalp is refreshed and my new growth retains more moisture, and the best part - it's waterless! No shower step involved here, just apply it to your scalp, leave in for one minute and then use a damp cotton pad to remove build up. I don't notice too much build up on the cotton  pad, but I love how my hair feels after I use it.

It comes in a soft gel form, which makes it a bit difficult to get out of the bottle (I have to squeeze really hard), but once its out, it easily melts into the hair.



Scalp Base Soother 250ml - N495

The consistency of this product is looser than a lotion, but it's not liquid. It lies somewhere in between. I have very dry scalp and this causes me to rely on a lot of hot oil treatments to help with this. Since I started using this product, I've stopped the hot oil treatments and simply just apply the oil to my scalp to seal in the moisture that the scalp soother provides. It's exactly as the name implies: it soothes my scalp and has a slight tingly sensation which I like.


S.O.S Hairline 100ml - N695

Of the three products, this was the one I thought I needed the least because my edges where okay. Or so I thought. I mean, my hairline is full, it doesn't need any saving, right? With that in mind, I almost canceled the order! But I'm glad I didn't because after a month of using this product, I've noticed some little baby hairs growing in. I don't want my hairline to grow all the way to my eyebrows but I fully intend to see just how much 'saving' this product is going to do. It comes in liquid form, and a reddish-brown colour. It also helps to keep my edges laid which is definitely a plus.

Overall, it kept my braids looking really good, but I can't really say the same for my roots because my hair is growing at a much faster rate than I'm used to. I usually get about 0.5inch per month, sometimes less. So you can imagine my suprise when touching up on my roots I noticed 1 inch of growth in a month! 

June 3rd, 2015: about a week before I put in the braids, my hair was barely touching line 3.
                 

July 4th, 2015: 3 weeks of having braids on. Making a total of one month and some days. My hair now falls on line 4.



I don't want to give all the credit to the braids and weaves collection, but you guys know me, you know that I've never seen this kind of growth before, even with the Biotin I took. 

Will purchase these products again? Definitely.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Thanks for the review. I had seen these products but didn't purchase cos I was kinda skeptical. Will try them. Also love that they come with applicator tips, that's a plus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Tamie! Let me know how it works for you.

      Delete

About Me

Like us on Facebook