7 Days, 7 Ways

02:39:00


KLP of Saving Our Strands did an amazing challenge a couple of months ago, she changed her hair style every day for 7 days. I promised her I would try this and I thought it was time for me to RISE to the occasion lol! So here's how it went:

Day 1: Pin Curls
After last weeks wash day, I decided to attempt pin curls again because it always looks so nice on everyone else...except me. This day was no different. It just turned out awkward.




Day 2: Flexi rods
"Well, that was a total fail," I said to myself. "Why not whip out the trusty ol' flexi rods if you rrreally want some curls." So I set my hair in 10  3/4 inch flexi rods, and you can see how I did that in This Post.




Day 3: Curly Updo
My flexi rod curls still survived even though the wind was in my face (and hair) for most of the day. I salvaged them by pineappling overnight and keeping an updo the next day. More pictures in This Post.




Day 4: Messy Bob
I've been dying to try this out since I got my hair cut, but sadly, all the tutorials I saw involved heat! I didn't give up, I achieved this look using bantu knots, and an extra hour of just, messing it up. So much for "no effort" am I right? You can read the full details Here




Day 5: Messy half up/down
With day 4's look being a little too messy for me, I restyled my hair with only 4 bantu knots to get a looser texture. I didn't mess this one up too much, but I didn't really like it either. Not many pics in This Post, but you can still check it out.




Day 5/6: Messy Bun
Later on that day, I put my hair up in a bun to get my hair off my shoulders, plus I wasn't really digging that style so... I left the bun in through out the next day as well. 





Finally, Day 7: Wash Day
By the time my wash day came around, I had run out of ideas, so I just did a simple roller set and wrap.





And that's it! I did all these styles using my fingers only, I only used a wide toothed comb on day 2 when I had the flexi rods. So you see? You can change your hair everyday, for the next 30 years (okay, maybe not 30 YEARS but...) and not have breakage.

P.S do you think I should try the pin curls again? 





You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Yes you should try it again, and i really love day 3,5 and 2. Nice one there.

    hairlevation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dup zzy!!! Hmmm, I'll think about trying it again.

      Delete
  2. I like the texture of your hair! my hair goals x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Marie! That's very kind...

      Delete
  3. Your bantu knot game is stronggg girl lol, I love the half up half down!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Like us on Facebook