Saran wrap on Air dried, Texlaxed hair.

06:47:00


This week, I didn't know what to do to my hair. Bantu knots, flexi rods, roller sets.... all the Updo styles I thought of were curly in one way or another. while they are great, detangling is a chore! My relaxer day is coming up in 2 weeks so I didn't want something that would cause too many knots and tangles. I wanted my hair straight, but I flat ironed my hair when I did my mid-week deep conditioning, so that was out of the question. I also wanted to attempt KLP's knotted updo, but I want to wait for her to post the tutorial first (her tutorial is up now tho). I was maxed out. After going back and forth with the same options, I decided to do a saran wrap.
Rumor has it that this technique will leave your hair soft and manageable, with lots of movement. I call it "The Swing." 

Giving your hair "The Swing"

1. Shampoo your hair thoroughly. Do an Apple Cider Vinegar rinse to remove excess build up.

2. Blow dry and flat iron or roller set your hair, adding your leave-ins and serums. Be sure not to put a lot of products as it weighs the hair down.

3. Wrap your hair in a clockwise or anti-clockwise direction and use the saran wrap (cling film) to secure it around your hair. Sit under a hooded dryer for 15 minutes.

4. Take down the saran wrap, unravel your hair and voila! You have shake able, move able hair!

For the full instructions, view source

I didn't follow all the instructions to the letter because my relaxer prep is round the corner and I didn't want to shampoo just yet, so I wasn't expecting the desired results, but I did it anyway. 

-I deep conditioned on dry hair for about one hour with Mega Growth deep conditioner.

- Co washed with Mega Growth Pro-Growth Detangling conditioner (not to be confused with my regular mega growth detangling conditioner, but I'll do a review on this later)

- T shirt dried for about 5 minutes to soak up all the excess water, applied mega growth oil, castor oil and Fantasia IC heat protectant serum. 

At this point, I would like to say that this serum is awesome! It needs it's own moment:

A moment of silence for the best Serum ever!

Okay. Moving on. 
Once it was about 95% dry, I wrapped my hair, covered it with the saran wrap, tied my scarf over it (to avoid weird looks lol!) and left it in for about 30- 45 minutes. 
I took it down and:


As expected, I didn't get the "swing" but I didn't care about that. My hair was oh-so-soft. I was extremely happy with the results. 
After "ooh-ing" and "ahh-ing" at my hair, I realized one thing: I still didn't know what style to do on my hair! 


*sigh. So I just cross-wrapped it until I figure out what to do...

 The Wash Day Experience

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hi Yemi, nice blog you've got here! Please I need to know where you got the serum from as I need one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Idee, thank you so much! There are only two places I have seen it: Casabella in Shoprite, and in a local supermarket near my house. It's not very common. It's not even on online stores! If you ever get it to buy, I suggest you grab two bottles as it will go a long way. I've been using one bottle for about a year now, I just recently purchased another.

      Delete

About Me

Like us on Facebook