Wash Day: Afro Puffs

03:54:00

As I said in my previous post, dryness is the main consequence of neglecting my hair for a long time, especially my scalp. So I'm back on this wash day routine, and I intend to co wash my hair every week and shampoo my hair once a month to keep my hair hydrated and moisturized. As for my scalp, I have to oil my scalp every single day with my super famous oil mix: castor oil, coconut oil, peppermint oil, rosemary oil and lavender oil. I'd do a separate post on why these oils are so great, but for now, here's how my wash day went: 


Products used:
- African Naturalistas Deep Conditioning Mayonnaise 
- African Naturalistas Sulphate-free Shampoo
- Aussie moist 3 minute miracle conditioner
- Camille Rose Naturals Curl Love Moisture Milk
- Coconut oil

-Deep Conditioned: I parted my hair into eight sections: three in front, three in the middle, and two in the back. I applied the AN deep conditioning mayonnaise to each section, covered it in a shower cap, and let it sit for about 20 minutes (tip: for even softer hair, leave it in overnight!)

- Detangled: using my fingers and a wide toothed comb, I detangled my entire head following the sections I created. I first remove any knots or tangles with my fingers, before using the wide toothed comb to detangle. (Tip: comb from the ends of your hair upwards to avoid breakage). 

- Shampoo: After detangling, I braided each section to keep it tangle-free while washing my hair. I washed my hair 3 times with the AN sulphate free shampoo, after which my hair felt squeaky clean.

- Conditioned: I applied the Aussie Moist conditioner to each section, and left it in for 3-5 minutes. 


- Rinse & Leave-ins: I rinsed out all the product throughly with cold water, (Tip: cold water closes the cuticles and locks moisture in) and then towel-dried for about 10 minutes to soak up all the excess water before applying the CRN Curl love moisture milk as my leave in.

- Stretched: After applying my leave-in and detangling once more, I parted my hair in small sections and braided it, in order for my hair to dry in a stretched state without any heat. I covered my hair with a satin scarf and left it in overnight.

- Style: The next day, I took out the single braids, combed it out, and created two Afro puffs on my head. It looked so cute, I felt like Minnie Mouse!






And that's it for this week's wash day. I hope this post was a little helpful...

Leave your comments down below, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

How was your wash day?



You Might Also Like

1 comments

About Me

Like us on Facebook