Wash Day | Length Check Fail!

23:39:00


Put me on your healthy hair naughty list. I only moisturized my hair twice between wash days, and my wash days are about 3 weeks apart. Funny enough, my hair stayed soft and moisturised to an extent, but the real issue here is that my length check was an absolute fail!
Here's what happened:


- Detangled: I took out my cornrows, sectioned my hair into four quadrants and applied Mega Growth Deep Conditioner to each section. Next, I detangled each quadrant using my fingers first then followed with a wide tooth comb.

- Deep Conditioned: once I was done with each section, I covered my hair with a plastic bag and let it sit for two hours.

- Blow dried: after rinsing out the conditioner, I wrapped my hair in a T-shirt for 10 minutes to soak up the excess water before blow drying. I never blow dry on soaking wet hair.


- Flat iron (sort of): This is where the problem began, my hair refused to stay straight, the second I was done with a section, it would start to revert and shrink back up. It was extremely frustrating, even after passing the flat iron several times through my hair, it still didn't stay straight.


- Flexi rod set: since my hair didn't turn out the way I expected, I decide to use flexi rods on my dry hair two days later. I moisturised each little section using Mega Growth Daily Leave in strengthener and sealed with my oil mixture, then set my hair in rods for a few hours.




It did create some curls, but I just knew those babies weren't going to last. I saved myself the heartache and created a messy bun out of it. And this is how my hair has been throughout the week.





And that's how my #washdayexperience went. I'll definitely attempt to straighten it again. I refuse to give up that easily.

   How was your washday?

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Love the shine in your hair. I wish i had the patience to put the flexi rods in my hair for 2 days. You tried o. Your looks amazing.

    - Joie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your big messy bun came out cute though, your hair looks really shiny & healthy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The high bun has saved me from terrible hair more days than I can count! The thickness of your hair is amazing!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ve got a beautiful neck! Few people can carry a updo like you do it in this picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That flexirod set looked like it had some promise to is, but nice save with the bun. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank God for messy buns! They are always a life-saver for my bad hair days.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Like us on Facebook