I GREW 4 INCHES IN 7 MONTHS!

16:12:00



Hey guys! It’s been way too  long since you’ve heard from me. Boy, have I got a story to tell you! Gather ‘round, gather  ‘round young ones, let me tell you how I broke all the rules and treated my hair terribly, but my hair still managed to grow dispite it all!  For the past six months or so, I completely neglected my hair! Yup, you heard me, no moisturising, no silk scarves at night, no scalp massages, nothing. Maybe once in two months, I’d remember to deep condition, but that was it. My hair was pretty much in cornrows 90% of the time, and covered up in wigs. I took out the braids sometime in December, expecting a lot of damage, but imagine my surprise when I realised it had grown longer! And it’s not just the length, my hair had volume for days! 



I didn’t take any “length check” photos when I cut off the relaxed ends back in June, but I did take the measurements, and my hair was about  5inches to 5 ½  inches long, and by December, it was....

*Drumrollllllssssssssssssssssssss..........*

8inches – 8 ½ inches! 


Yes! I gained 2 ½ to 3 inches in 6 months! Amazing, isn’t it? The only setback I did experience is a dry and itchy scaIp (Duh? What did I expect?)

 I  vowed to start taking care of my hair again, I thought  “If I can gain this much length without doing anything, how much more will I gain if I actually start taking care of my hair again?” Sadly, that thought only lasted for about 20 minutes. As soon as my hair was back in cornrows, I  fell into the same ol’ habit. In fact, I didn’t loosen my hair until 3 days ago. Again, I thought my hair would probably stay at the same 8 inches, but no, it grew again! Right now, my hair is about 9 – 9 ½ inches long! This time, I made sure to take pictures, for record purposes. Here are some pictures to show my progress:


July 2016 (No pictures taken in June 😞






January 2017





In total, I gained about 3-4 inches of growth since I became fully natural, without really doing anything. I’m definitely intrigued, and I intend to take advantage of this new growth rate that I have right now, and at the same time, improve the state of my scalp. I’m also going to be very detailed in documenting my journey this year to help my readers on their own journeys

Details of my first wash day in 7 months will be up this weekend.

So tell me. What did I miss?

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Amazing post Yemi! What amazes me is the fact that you did almost nothing ans still go this awesome results. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't say anything about your diet, what do you typically eat? That may have played a role subconsciously. I love it though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vikchi! My diet is horrible really, I was recently dehydrated and had to start drinking more water!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Like us on Facebook