This JUST in... | Mini Chop

15:17:00

Earlier today, I grabbed my scissors and got rid of most of my relaxed hair. I'm now about 70% texlaxed. Lol. There. I said it. No beating about the bush, no wise jokes. But here's what happened:
After deep conditioning and Co washing my hair, I decided to air dry and flat iron it. I hadn't used it since my relaxer touch up in March, and even then I only used it to straighten my roots, so I thought one was in order. After flat ironing, I proceeded to take pictures, and I just HATED my relaxed ends, I couldn't even spread them out for a proper picture, I had to gather my hair into a V- Shape which I actually hate doing. Take a look:

Air Dried.

Flat ironed.


Length Check:


Every fibre of my being wanted to cut my ends off, but I kept trying to talk myself out of it. But this morning, after taking a looking in the mirror, I just grabbed my scissors and went for it.
I didn't cut my hair in one swoop, I prefer to cut it in a layered style, so I separated my hair into small sections, starting with my bangs, sprayed some water on each small section at a time and cut. By the time I was done with the front, I was so excited! My hair made a complete turn around! It was soft, easy to comb, no snags or tangles, and the thickness! I was on cloud nine. It motivated me to cut even more off in the back.




Overall, because the hair in my front section is shorter and the ends weren't as bad, I only cut off two inches from the front.


For the sides and middle (crown area) I cut off three inches.


And in the back, (where the damage was most), I cut off, yup, you guessed it, a whooping FOUR inches!


How do I feel? Liberated. My hair is so different now. So soft with lots of movement. My hair journey goals have just shifted from retaining length, to maintaining my ends. I still want the length yes, but only if my ends are at their best.


I apologize for the blurry pictures. I was excited! I will take better ones when I wash my hair in a couple of days.

 I'm excited to rock new hairstyles with this length.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. With health length will follow, we do what's best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Candice. Your hair will bounce back so nicely and fast.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Like us on Facebook