Hair Update pt 2: I got a weave!

06:40:00

After I moved back to Lagos, I decided to try my luck at the salon by getting my hair done. The main reason is because I started taking Biotin and B-complex supplements and I noticed that my roots had started getting thicker in just a few days and was getting more difficult to detangle and comb.
Biotin and other "B" vitamins (like B-6 and B-12), are responsible for promoting stronger, thicker and healthier hair. I've also read that it increases the growth rate of the hair, and is the main ingredient in most (if not all) hair growth vitamins, so I decided to try it. I started with 1000mcg along with my B-complex, so that my system can get accustomed to it, but I intend to increase it to 2000mcg daily.

So back to my hair: I pre-pooed and washed my hair a few days before going to the salon, but I didn't deep condition!! (Hides face) Anyways, the fellow that did my hair was very patient when combing my hair, even though he didn't detangle properly, it was still better than I experienced in the past so I was grateful. Installing the weave was a breeze, and after some time, he was done.

Results!



I am very happy with it, it's really light, I hope I will be able to retain length with this protective style, I won't be able to participate in the #washdayexperience for some time (sobs), but I will be commenting on other people's experiences. I will be moisturising and sealing and doing hot oil treatments regularly. My regimen for the time being is as follows:
-Moisturise with mega growth daily leave in strengthener and water 2-3 times a week,
-Seal with mega growth oil
-Apply castor oil to my edges and nape to address breakage in those areas
-Hot oil treatment with castor oil mixed with mega growth oil twice a week.

Its not going to be easy, but it will be worth it.
Who's with me?

                           The Wash Day Experience

You Might Also Like

0 comments

About Me

Like us on Facebook