Double Trouble

22:37:00

This week's wash day post is titled "double trouble" because I flat ironed my hair....twice.
Now hold on, hold on! Before you call the healthy hair journey police on me, please hear me out. Here's how it went:

So it's good bye weave and hello hair!!! Is it just me, or is november hotter than usual? I mean it's almost Christmas! It's supposed to be cold! But nope, it's summer over here in Nigeria.
Anyway, I took off my weave earlier than scheduled because the heat was killing me and the sweat was causing a lot of build up on my scalp.

I separated my hair into four sections (I usually dont like sectioning my hair, but there was know way I was gonna handle all this hair at once!)

I didnt want to prepoo because I already had product on my hair, but I needed slip for easy detangling so I sprayed each section with the diluted version of my megagrowth leave in conditioner and applied the oil as well.
During the detangling process, I experienced A LOT of shedding. More than I'm used to,




I dont know why.

Leaving my hair sectioned, I shampooed with mega growth pro-growth stimulating shampoo,
Deep conditioned with mega growth deep conditioner
Air dried for about 20 minutes
Applied my leave ins: Mega growth daily leave in strengthener and Fantasia hair straightening heat protectant.
I blow dried on luke warm and flat ironed on a low setting.

Now that's where my troubles began, I think my hair wasn't properly dried at the roots because after two days of not-so-straight hair, it became a dry tangled mess. Maybe I'm exaggerating, maybe I'm not. Anyways I washed it again:
Pre-pooed and detangled with my mega growth leave-in conditioner, but this time I made 6 sections of my hair so that I could really manage it well. Sectioning works. I approve.


I co-washed with mega growth detangling conditioner (in the same 6 sections), rinsed, towel dried, applied my leave-in and air dried overnight.
The next day I separated my hair into 6 again, detangled, applied my fantasia heat protectant and flat ironed my hair properly.

Results



I know I took a risk, but well, my hair was smoooooth! I won't be using heat again anytime soon. I promise.
Do you forgive me?

The Wash Day Experience

You Might Also Like

0 comments

About Me

Like us on Facebook