Best of 2014: Hits and Misses

07:07:00


I started my hair journey early this year (February to be exact), and it won’t be complete without recapping some of my hits and misses. Let’s get started!

Hit: Bantu Knots

My first ever Bantu Knot turned out to be a huge success! My hair was soft, my roots stretched, and I had curls to play with! You’d definitely be seeing more of these bouncy curls next year!

Miss: My first self relax

My indecisiveness as to whether I should texlax my hair or relax it bone straight caused my first self relax to be a not-so-complete success. I was nervous about over processing my hair and I did it in the evening with poor lighting. My hair came out crunchy in some areas, and it was at my last relaxer that I evened everything out.

Hit: Profectiv Haul

I don’t what I would do without my Profectiv products. They are water and protein based , creamy in texture, provide lots of slip and contain almost all the nutrients essential for my hair. These products have done nothing but love and nourish my hair.

Miss: Flexi-rods


I can’t do without talking about this catastrophe that happened to my hair in June. After about 11 hours of having flexi-rods on my hair, it wasn’t dry. I tried pin-curling, and it still didn’t work. Till today, I don’t know what went wrong..... *sheds a tear

Hit: The Return of the Flexi-rods


It’s obvious that I have learnt so much in the time that has passed because after several months of shying away from flexi-rods, I’ve finally mastered the art. I tried both methods that I learnt and they turned out great! My hair was soft, moisturised and easy to manage.

Miss: My first attempt at roller setting


I’ve had a lot of success with roller setting, but that success didn’t come overnight. I didn’t have enough rollers (I used only 14 medium sized rollers), and I hadn’t heard about pin curls and wrapping yet. With that said, my hair came out a complete mess so I resorted to this simple faux bob.

Miss: My trips to the salon

 While I loved the styles that the hairdressers did for me, my hair almost always suffered underneath. Let’s face it, stylists just don’t know how to handle my hair the way that I would like. You know what they say, if you want something right, do it yourself! I can probably count on one hand the number of trips I will make to the salon in the coming year... if any

Hit: The wash day experience


Yes, I saved the best for last! I don’t know what my blog would be like or the state my hair would be in if not for the wisdom, encouragement and advice that I get from you ladies in this community. A big shout out to KLP and Jen for creating this platform through which we can all grow as a family and learn from each other’s experiences. I love you guys so much!!! I wish you all the best that next year has to offer.

Happy New year in advance!

                       

You Might Also Like

0 comments

About Me

Like us on Facebook