Flexi-rods: Traditional method vs. Two-strand twist method

08:54:00

For this wash day post, you get two for the price of one! I wanted to compare the two styles that I got using flexi rods. My flexi rods and I haven’t been on talking terms since that epic failure in June, I only bring them out when I have a weave on, but as for my natural hair it’s a no-no. But after seeing my fellow hair sistas using them regularly and getting wonderful results, I decided to try them again.

Traditional method:
1.       Deep conditioned on dry hair with Mega Growth deep conditioner for 1 hour.
2.       Shampooed with Mega growth pro-growth stimulating shampoo
3.       Conditioned with Mega growth detangling conditioner
4.       Applied Mega growth leave-in strengthener and started with the flexi rod set.



After being in this torturous position for about 4-5 hours, I took out the rods and..... I LOVED IT! I separated the curls and played around with it a lot and styled it in different ways throughout the week. My hair was so soft, I only moisturised only twice that week!

                                      







Two-strand twist method
1.       Deep conditioned with Mega growth deep conditioner for an hour
2.       Co-washed with mega growth detangling  conditioner
3.       Applied mega growth leave in strengthener
4.       For the two strand twist, I twist my hair about 4-5 times starting from my roots before wrapping it around the rod.



Again, I loved the results! Super soft and fluffy curls with less time to separate. Who wouldn’t love that?






Conclusions

Method one took less time to install and had more volume, method two had more curls but less volume. I don’t know if this comparison is actually fair because the first method was done about a week before I relaxed my hair and the second method was done a week after  I relaxed my hair. Either ways I love both results. My flexi-rods and I have totally  made up.

What do you guys think?
How was your wash day?

                                                        The Wash Day Experience

You Might Also Like

0 comments

About Me

Like us on Facebook