An Accidental "Wet look" from not-so-dry Bantu knots...

07:01:00


I've decided to start playing around with curly styles as I go deeper into my stretch, and my go-to for a curly look is The Bantu knot out.

Products Used:
•African Naturalistas Castor oil
•Mega Growth Deep Conditioner
•Mega Growth Detangling Conditioner •Mega Growth oil
•Profectiv Healthy Ends  

-I deep conditioned with the deep conditioner and castor oil for 1.5 hours under saran wrap and my shower cap.

-I Co washed with MG detangling conditioner and let it sit for 10 minutes before rinsing it out.
-I t-shirt dried for 10 minutes and left my hair to air dry till it was about 85% dry before applying MG oil and Healthy Ends to my hair and doing 10 Bantu knots.
I didn't want to sleep on it overnight because I had to go to church in the morning and I wouldn't have had enough time to take down the knots and separate them. So I took them out in the evening and I was disappointed to find that my roots where still damp, making the curls drop a little.
I was already getting upset when I realized that the results I was getting from separating them was actually good....really good. So I thought to myself "if I take these knots out properly and let them dry in this state...." And that's exactly what happened. I took down all the knots used my fingers to carefully fluff and separate, and let it dry.

The results were as I expected: the "glossy" look was still retained, even though my hair was completely dry, and that's when the selfies began...



I wore it in a loose ponytail for the rest of the week.



So, will you try this accident of mine?

The Wash Day Experience

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Crazy uber cute!!! I love the way that the tension from the bantu knots stretched and blended your hair's two textures! Get it girl!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you KLP! This is why I love bantu knots. Unfortunately, I haven't mastered the art of detangling them, hence, breakage :(

      Delete
  2. I love bantu knots, but mine doesn't look half as good as yours!!! Envy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything it takes girl, will definitely try this out. And oh my! I love the ponytail look.

    hairlevation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Like us on Facebook