Relaxer Update | May 2015

08:18:00


I want to separate my relaxer update post from writing about the steps that I took in this process, just to avoid a lengthy post. 

I telaxed my hair at 12 weeks on the 28th of this month, and everything went well I guess. Nothing new. I did not do the half and half method this time because my hair is a lot shorter and easier to work with, also I didn't have so much new growth. 

The relaxer I used was Mega Growth relaxer in regular strength, I've used up all my relaxer in super strength so I made sure I bought the right thing this time. It took me about 16 minutes to do my entire head and to my surprise, even though it was the regular strength I used, my hair processed much faster than when I used the super, I don't know why. I blow dried my hair till it was about 60- 70% dry, and air dried the rest of the way.


I did not flat iron my hair because I had done so only two weeks ago, so I just wrapped my hair instead. Thankfully, my hair is still texlaxed and here are the results: 




I don't know what this length is, it's in between shoulder length and armpit length, I think i'm about 1 or 2 inches away from armpit length, which I hope to make before the end of the year (with healthy ends of course), and I was pleased to see that I can still rock a sweet ponytail :) So that's it! This was just like a quick, update on my relaxer day. I intend to do a more detailed post about it soon

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. You have beautiful thick ends congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ends are so healthy! I'm hoping to reach armpit length soon before I do any trimmings or dusting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilda! I would actually advise you to do the trim/dust now, to avoid cutting off four inches *winks* in the future.

      Delete

About Me

Like us on Facebook