The Oil Mixture Challenge

23:57:00


Runtime: October 20 - December 19

Okay ladies, strap up! It's time for our hair growth boot camp! The purpose of this challenge is nourish our hair with all the goodness of oils.

The rule is to create a mixture with at least two oils and apply to your hair and scalp for 60 days. You can use any of the following methods to do this:

- Pre poo treatment
- Hot oil treatment
- Scalp massages
- GHE/ Baggy method
- Mixture with deep conditioners

Those are just a few of the many ways the oils can be used on our hair. I'm going to be using quite a few oils on my hair: Essential oils (peppermint, rosemary & lavender), Coconut oil, castor oil, more castor oil....

My methods of choice are the GHE method and scalp
massages. This involves moisturizing and sealing as normal, then covering your hair with a processing cap or plastic bag for about 6-8 hours.

The benefit of the scalp massage is to increase blood flow to the scalp and stimulate growth, while the GHE method aids length retention. What better combination than that right?

I will be doing this three times a week, and in my next post I will discuss in detail the oils I'm using for my hair and their benefits.

If you know any other great way of applying the oils to your hair, feel free to leave in the comment section.

Everyone got their boots on?


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. In a protective style now, but will still join in partly by doing scalp massages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Scalp Massages + Protective Styling = Awesome growth!

      Delete
  2. Hair is covered up but will love to do it to clear up some old stock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I've got a lot of products in my closet too!

      Delete

About Me

Like us on Facebook