Faux Puff For Transitioning Ladies

01:27:00


I'm currently working on my wash day post as we speak, but I decided to stop and create this quick tutorial first. I had so much volume to play with after taking out my cornrows that I almost didn't want to wash my hair!

I'm really pleased with how much thickness and volume i've gotten, considering that I've only been transitioning for 5 months.

Anyways, this tutorial is for ladies who are currently transitioning to natural hair and want to start experimenting with some of the hairstyles that natural ladies rock. (Side note: this tutorial would work best for ladies that are transitioning from TEXLAXED hair to natural hair)

It's really easy. Here's how you get it done:


1. Gently comb all your hair towards the front of your head. You look ridiculous I know, but trust me.



2. Put an elastic band over your head and then push it upwards towards your crown area.


A headband is preferable as elastic bands can snag on your hair and cause breakage, but today I've thrown caution to the wind. Notice I haven't said anything about moisturizing? That's because adding products would weigh the hair down and your faux puff won't look realistic.

Moving on.


3. Braid or twist the ends of your hair, I'm guessing those are the thinnest parts of your hair and we want to hide them away. I did a twist for this tutorial because I thought it would look more natural than a braid, but do whichever works best for you.



4. Tuck your braid in at the centre of your hair.


5. Pin to perfection.

And voila! You have the sickest puff in all the land.





 How far are you in your transition? Would you rock this?

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Wow that's a really cute puff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cute faux puff...I'm natural

    www.lisasjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited to see this style,never knew what it was called the first day I did it,got so much compliments.Im about 16 months into my transition,after stretching out my hair,this is my one staple style.I have to watch my edges though.It looks good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. And it's super easy to do. I'm currently 86 weeks post relaxer. I'll have to give this a try. Thanks for sharing this tutorial!

    Andrea @ www.lengtheninglocks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo cute! Wish that I would have know this when I was stretching/transitioning!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you have so much lovely hair! It looks great! I just came across your blog but I'm glad I did.

    Bonjournatural.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent post thanks for sharing such a informative information with us.
    Hair Growth Shampoo


    ReplyDelete

About Me

Like us on Facebook