Messy Bob on Texlaxed Hair

08:12:00


It's so ironic how a lot of effort actually goes into creating a supposedly "effortless" look. I searched everywhere for tutorials on how to create the look, but they all gave me the same thing. You need heat. A little heat on the hair isn't too bad, but I don't want to have to reach for a curling iron every time I want to achieve this look. Here's what I did...


My curls from the flexi rod set started to give up, so I decided to finger comb and restyle. I parted my hair into small sections (don't know how many), applied some MG leave in and, using my fingers only, I detangled my whole head. It took me about 30 minutes (I know right?)because my hair was soft and manageable, plus my roots didn't have as many tangles as it would when my hair is straight (definitely something to think about).


After detangling, I made 6 bantu knots on my head, covered it for 45 minutes for some added moisture, after which I left it to dry a bit.
I didn't let it get completely dry before taking down the knots, as that would have produced a tighter curl pattern which is unecessary since I was getting rid of them anyway (If you try this look, don't worry about producing perfect knots, this look is supposed to be messy). I took them down, separated them and allowed my hair to dry in that wavy state. Once completely dry, then the real work begins. I fluffed until my heart's content, and these are my results:






It was a little dark, so I had to use the camera flash which I hate doing. It just makes everything look weird.

It took me a longer time to mess with this hair than it did to detangle in the first place but, I don't know, it's a little too messy for me. It's my first attempt anyway, I'll definitely try this again. What do you think?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

About Me

Like us on Facebook