Wash Day(s)

12:04:00


My schedule has become so tight that I had to break last week's wash day into two separate days. Usually I deep condition and co wash on the same day, but now I co wash in the middle of the week and deep condition on my off days. So here's how my wash day(s) went:

Products used:

- Vo5 Silky Experiences Moisturizing Conditioner
- Mega Growth Deep Conditioner
- Mega Growth Daily Leave in strengthener
- Fantasia IC Serum
-MG oil mixed with castor oil

1. Co-Wash
-I co washed with Vo5 (see review here)

- T-shirt dried for 20 minutes to soak up excess water

- Applied my oil mix as my leave in, detangled and air dried my hair in 4 ponytails.

- Once dry, I created a side part and put my hair in a low bun.




2. Deep Condition

- I parted my hair into four sections and applied MG Deep conditioner to my dry hair, covered with a plastic bag and left it in overnight

- The next day, my hair was super soft and manageable so I detangled each section before hopping into the shower.

- I T-shirt dried my hair for a few minutes after rinsing it, then applied my leave ins: MG daily leave in strengthener and Fantasia IC serum.

- Because I was planning an updo, I didn't bother air drying my hair in a stretched state. Once dry, I made my first attempt at french braiding my hair. I did an upside down french braid and added rollers to my bangs to give it some curl.


Results:

The rollers were a complete bust, the curls didn't even last for a minute , so I just pinned my bangs to
 the side to complete the look.


So that's it!  I think you would be pleasantly surprised by this  week's wash day :)

How was your Wash Day?

You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. The French braid turned out so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those curls might have been a bust, but that style is EVERYTHING! Don't judge me if I try to recreate it!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So are you completely natural or do you stretch your relaxer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Blessing, I'm transitioning to natural. I'm only 3 months along, but I used to texlax my hair so the textures are similar.

      Delete
  4. Love the French braid. Wish I knew how to..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tamie! I will work on a tutorial soon...

      Delete
  5. Your styles are lovely. I need my edges to grow so I can do these. Lol!
    momashairjourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilda! Your edges will grow before you know it!

      Delete
  6. This gave me serious green eyes - I wish I could do any sort of stylish do's. Your hair looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joyce! Awww, I'm sure you can rock some pretty amazing styles.

      Delete
  7. Thank you for adding your link to our protective styling challenge! The braid is so cute. You're a very pretty lady.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look take away with this protective style.


    hairlevation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm working on starting youtube...I promise!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Like us on Facebook