#One_Inch_December

00:05:00


This December, I am privileged to be co-hosting a challenge themed #One_Inch_December alongside two awesome ladies, Joie of LongNigerianHair.com and Lungi of ByLungi.com.

Its aim is to give an end-of the –year reward to our hair by growing an inch of it.  We will also leave our comfort zones & challenge our hair growth rate.   We all know that the average hair growth rate is half an inch in a month. However, we can grow an inch this December by adding a few things to our regimen. #One_Inch_December hair challenge is also to motivate other women around us in believing that African hair can grow long and healthy if taken care of.

  AIM: #One_Inch_December hair challenge aims to speed up growth on hair journey without compromising on the health of our hair.

TIMELINE: December 1st to 30th

HOW-TO: Speed up hair growth via either the inversion method, scalp massages or any other healthy & safe method that can speed up your hair growth.

NB: Take a picture of the length of your hair at the beginning of this challenge. This will help to measure your results by day 30.  That being said, I have a special announcement to make, in my last post, I talked about having uneven hair due to breakage and lack of protein. Well after washing my hair and doing a protein treatment, I got out my length check shirt to take a "before" picture for this challenge:



I was so irritated by my relaxed ends, that I decided to grab my scissors cut off most of my relaxed/texlaxed hair. And so this is my new length:


This is the only picture I could squeeze out as I had to cornrow my hair for my wig, but I am officially collarbone length, which is the shortest I have ever been in my entire life!

I think I should dedicate an entire post to this, as well as my routine for this challenge which wouldn't be so different from the oil mixture challenge. I know I've promised a lot of posts, but hopefully I should get back on track with blogging frequently again.


 Join in this challenge by clicking below:
#One_Inch_December

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. All the best Yemi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rooting for you...all the best.


    www.lisasjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a bold step you took to cut your relaxed hair. Well done. All the best on this challenge. Cheers!

    Joie

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Like us on Facebook