First Wash Day of the year

14:15:00


Okay...don't give me that look! I have been co-washing, deep conditioning,  moisturizing and sealing my hair okay? This is just the first time I'm taking out my cornrows and applying shampoo in 2016. So now that we got that out of the way, here's how my first wash day went:

Products
-MG Detangling Conditioner
-MG Stimulating Shampoo
- Organics hair mayonnaise
-MG Daily leave in strengthener
-Oil Mixture (see here for details)


1. Pre-poo + Detangle: I took out my cornrows with my fingers and applied MG Detangling conditioner on my hair before finger-detangling and using a wide tooth comb. I left the conditioner to sit on my hair for about an hour. I was so excited about how soft and fluffy my hair was, I couldn't stop taking pictures!





2. Shampoo: I parted my hair in about 8 or 9 sections and put them in braids. Next, I poured some MG Stimulating Shampoo into an applicator bottle and diluted with a bit of water. This helps me get the shampoo directly to my scalp without drying the rest of my hair out. I lathered 3 times and rinsed out with warm water.

3. Protein Treatment: I used a T-shirt to soak up all the excess water from my hair before applying Organics Hair mayonnaise as my protein treatment. I unravelled each braid, applied the mayonnaise evenly from root to tip and covered with a plastic bag for 20 minutes.  Then I rinsed thoroughly with cold water.

4. Leave-ins: After T-shirt drying again for about 10 minutes,  I applied MG Daily leave in strengthener and oil mix and air dried overnight.

The next day, I put it in a Faux Bun for the purpose of taking these pictures, and then it was back into cornrows!



I totally love my hair! It's growing out really nicely,  I think I've gained about 1.5 inches since I cut it, and I owe this to Joie of Long Nigerian Hair and her One Inch December challenge!

I definitely owe you guys a length check and I'm scheduling one for sometime in March,  I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing with my wig regimen and we'll see how it goes!

How was your wash day?

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you KLP! And while we're not on the subject, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

      Delete
  2. I love the thickness of your hair.

    https://lauralivll.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love your hair

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks so lovely and thick!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaaw. Thanks for the shout out Yemi! Your hair is really growing out nicely.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Like us on Facebook