Wash Day | Chic Updo

23:35:00



I fall in love with my hair all over again whenever I take out my cornrows, the volume and thickness is just to die for! However, I will not lie, I do miss how easy it was to part my hair when it was relaxed. Dealing with texlaxed hair and new growth is not easy.

Here's how my #washdayexperience went:  

Products Used:

-Mega Growth Deep Conditioner
-Mega Growth Stimulating Shampoo
-Vo5 Silky Experiences Moisturizing Conditioner
-Mega Growth Daily Leave-in Strengthener
-Oil Mixture (click here for more info)
-Fantasia IC Heat Protectant Serum    

The Process:

1. Deep Conditioned: I parted my hair into four quadrants, created smaller sections in each quadrant and applied MG Deep Conditioner to provide slip and unlock tangles. I covered with a plastic bag and left it overnight.

2. Detangled: The next day, I applied a bit of my oil mixture on my hands to give even more slip when detangling. I started out with my fingers first, then switched to a wide toothed comb. Deep conditioning overnight made the tangles melt!


3. Shampooed: I shampooed twice with a diluted form of the MG stimulating shampoo in an applicator bottle to be able to access my scalp.

4. Conditioned: I separated each twist and applied Vo5 conditioner to my hair and left in for about 10 minutes, before rinsing it out. I don't know why I don't use this conditioner more often, it just gives my hair so much volume!

5. Blow dried: After rinsing out the  conditioner, I dried my hair with a t-shirt for about 5 minutes, then I  applied my leave ins: MG daily leave in strengthener and fantasia IC as my heat protectant. I detangled and blow dried each section.




When I was done blow drying, I put all my hair up on my head in this really cute updo, I'm definitely going to do a tutorial for this look once I master it. All you need is a head band and a few bobby pins!



How was your wash day?

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. This style is sooo CHIC! I can't wait for the tutorial! And the thickness of your hair is UNREAL! You're transitioning like a PRO!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hairstyle is so cute! I would definitely love to try it. How long did it take you to do it?

    Thanks for sharing your #washday

    Adventures of a Nappy Chica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the big updo.

    https://lauralivll.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Babyliss Pro nano titanium hair dryer - TITanium
    TITanium titanium nipple rings Pro Nano titanium jewelry piercing titanium hair dryer features a titanium teeth dog short, narrow, elongated head, slightly longer titanium cookware and is t fal titanium longer and more slender than our original $3.95 · ‎In stock

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Like us on Facebook