Wash Day + Night Routines for my cornrows

00:46:00


I started washing my hair consistently again and to officially kick off the moisturising challenge I decided to Co- Wash my hair. But before that, here's a recap of how I've been washing my hair:

Products Used:

- MG Deep Conditioner
- MG Stimulating Shampoo
- MG Daily leave- In Strengthener
- MG Detangling conditioner
- MG oil mixed with Castor oil
- D&L Scalp base soother
- D&L SOS Hairline

Wash 1: Deep condition

- I took down my cornrows the night before and applied the deep conditioner to my hair in small sections, wrapped it up with saran wrap and left it in overnight.

- The next day, my hair felt so soft and the tangles had practically melted away! I detangled and put my hair in braids to prepare for the shampoo process

- After rinsing out the deep conditioner, I diluted my shampoo with a little water to make it easier to come out of the applicator bottle and get to my scalp. I shampooed three times and rinsed thoroughly.

- I t-shirt dried for twenty minutes to soak up excess water, unraveled each braid to apply my leave ins: MG Leave in, and MG oil mix. Then I detangled again and put my hair in two buns to air dry in a stretched state.



- Then, of course, I proceeded to cornrow my hair, which you may have seen, I thought it would take like thirty minutes, instead, it took me 3 hours! I had no idea it was so difficult though, but I was too scared to go to a stylist (I haven't been to a salon since December), so I guess it was worth it.
Wash 2: Co-Wash




I Co-Washed twice in 3 days and it's basically the same process:

- Wet hair thoroughly in the shower

- Apply a generous amount of MG Detangling conditioner to cornrows

- Leave in for 2 - 5 minutes to ensure it penetrates the hair

- Rinse

- Repeat every 2- 3 days

For the moisturising challenge, I'm going to be
moisturising and sealing at night, and this is my nightly routine:

1. Spritz with water
2. Apply MG leave in strengthener
3. Apply D&L Scalp soother
4. Apply oil to scalp and ends
5. Apply D&L SOS hairline





I'm wearing this synthetic wig by Noble and I love it because it's light and great for my commute to work since it has this "messy" look, so I don't need to worry about my hair getting messy!

How was your Wash Day? What's your routine for the challenge?

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Loving the wig, it looks very natural :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Candice. The wig looks great on you. Where did you get it from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Uzo! You can get it at any local market that sells hair and hair products.

      Delete
  3. I echo the thoughts on the wig. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Like us on Facebook